Effective Date: January 31, 2018
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Service is hosted in the United States. Therefore, your information, including any personal information provided pursuant to the Service, may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Service or your submission of any information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your information outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about how your information may be processed or stored in the United States.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
1. We collect information about you when you visit, contact or interact with the Service.
Following are examples of ways in which you may visit, contact or interact with us via the Service:
- To create, use or make changes (for example, corrections, updates, or deletions) to your registered account with us (for example, to provide user name and password and any other information you provide such as content or comments); and
- Unique device identifier of your mobile device;
- Operating system;
- Browser type;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Mobile network information;
- The model and serial number of your mobile device;
- The telephone number of your mobile device;
- Your geographic location;
- The Site pages that you visit and the time of your visits;
- Information regarding your access to and use of the App; and
- Aggregate data that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Service.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it (for example, engaging in a transaction such as a purchase);
- In connection with a visit to your residence or other place in person or via videoconference (for example, video conference recordings and digital photographs);
- To provide or to facilitate providing you with products and services;
- To provide the Service to you, including any notifications or updates relating to the Service;
- To create. use or make changes (for example, corrections, updates, or deletions) to your registered account with us;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and comments (for example, regarding support or other requests);
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To improve the Service or to develop new products and services;
- To identify you as a user of the Service;
- To allow you to participate in surveys;
- To contact you with information, including marketing and advertising information, that we believe will be of interest to you, either by us or a third party;
- To customize our marketing and advertising;
- For testing, research, analysis and product and service development that we or a third party may perform regarding the Service (for example, user base and Service usage);
- Anonymous data or de-identified data, which we or a third party may create and which we or a third party may use for any purpose;
- Aggregate data, which we or a third party may compile and which we or a third party may use for any purpose;
- To analyze how you use the Service and to analyze the Service, which we or a third party may do;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Service;
- To send push notifications through the App;
- To call you via telephone and send you electronic communications (for example, emails and text messages);
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Service; and
How We May Disclose Your Information
2. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share, sell or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith and it may be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
4. Investigations and Law. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below) and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
- Enforce or apply the Terms or any applicable terms of the authorized platform through which you downloaded the App;
- Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties, including laws outside of your country of residence;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others;
- Protect against legal liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of the Terms, our policies or agreements or as otherwise required by law.
5. Service Analysis. We or a third party may analyze how you use the Service and may analyze the Service.
6. Aggregate, Anonymous and De-Identified Data. We may share aggregate, anonymous or de-identified data relating to and users of the Service with any third party for any purpose.
7. At Your Request. We may share your information with any other individual or third party or service provider at your request.
9. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track
1. Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device.
- Persistent cookies remain on the user's computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a user's online session and disappear from the user's computer when they close the browser software. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Service.
2. Web Beacons. Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, use the App, or open an email we send to you) may be used either by us or a third party.
3. Flash Cookies or Local Shared Objects. We may use flash cookies or Local Shared Objects (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software).
4. Persistent Device Identifiers. Persistent device identifiers are unique strings that are associated with the mobile device that you use to connect to the App. Persistent device identifiers may be modified or disabled by sophisticated users.
5. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Service.
6. Below are links to resources regarding different types of online tracking: For Apple App Analytics, please see https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/ and https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/terms/site.html
For Inapptics, please see https://inapptics.com/privacy-policy/ and https://inapptics.com/terms-of-use/
7. Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user's online activities over time and across third party Internet services.
While we take reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, electronic communication or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Internet, electronic communications or mobile application transmissions, including those sent through the Service, may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your registered account and your information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your registered account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device;
- Using complex passwords, not using the same password on more than one website and not sharing your password with others; and
- Signing out or logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
Links to Other Websites
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information on the Service.
1. Changing Your Information. You may make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. Text Message Communications. By providing your mobile number during the sign-up process for services from Project YX, LLC (including our subsidiaries and affiliates), you agree to receive up to 30 product suggestions and similar marketing messages per month from us via autodialed text message. Consent is not a condition of purchase. To unsubscribe, text STOP in the App. For help, text HELP in the App or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Message & data rates may apply.
4. Push Notifications. You may at any time request opt out from further allowing us to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
5. Google Analytics for Firebase. You may at any time request opt out from Google Analytics for Firebase features that we use by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. Geographic Location. You may choose not to provide your geographic location to us in connection with your use of an App by declining any prompt requesting geographic location information, and by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of geographic location information.
7. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com or writing us at Bonny Doon Airport, 8647 Empire Grade, Santa Cruz, California 95060.
How to Contact Us